What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Got her home

robert ruggles

Man, did I get a great day to fly out of Camarillo (costal southern Calif.) It was perfect for a first flight, pretty cool flying out of a 70' msl airport in a 160hp RV3.
This RV3A I bought is AWESOME! flys great, shimmy free gear and a smooth motor.
Thanks for all the advise, it was very helpful.
Robert Ruggles One Lucky Dog!
Surprise Az

There is nothing better than flying in calm "sever clear" with a new plane bringing her home to roost.

PICS! WE NEED PICS!

Last edited:
RE:DOG

Robert

Congrats.....enjoy.....have fun......:D

Apparently your new call sign will be, "DOG" ;)

Frank @ SGU...trying to finish the last 1001 details.........

Get it in the Registry

Robert, congrats, now you too have the "RV-3 grin". In addition to posting pics here how about sending the info needed to put it in the RV-3 Registry...
http://www.romeolima.com/RV3hq/Registry/registry.html

Be sure and send a pic of both the plane and the panel, I'm exanding the template to include both pics.

Of course this forum should be a good resource for you too as you get to know the plane.

Best,

Man, did I get a great day to fly out of Camarillo (costal southern Calif.) It was perfect for a first flight, pretty cool flying out of a 70' msl airport in a 160hp RV3.
This RV3A I bought is AWESOME! flys great, shimmy free gear and a smooth motor.
Thanks for all the advise, it was very helpful.
Robert Ruggles One Lucky Dog!
Surprise Az

Robert
I's sure a lot of are interested in any RV3 feedback now that you've had it while
Tom
RV3 2000+hrs and climbing

:(

Hi Tom, I wish I could give you a report but I flew 633TB (have not named her yet) home put her in the hangar and have not had a chance to fly her again, she did get a wax job.
I'm currently flying the test phase off a Zenith 601 (Flour Bomber) for the owner/builder and that's taking up all my flying spare time, only 3 more hours!
I will give a report when I get some time in her, sure flew good from Cal. 1500' per/min. climb at 140 mph to 9500' SWEET!
Robert "DOG" Ruggles RV3A N633TB building;Thatcher CX4
Surprise Az.

Back