What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tour Journey Group Flight to Bahamas Company

sglynn

Well Known Member
Might anyone have experiences or recommendations on using a company to organize a group tour trip to the Bahamas? Are there any companies that coordinate group flights? I see a couple on WWW. Does anyone have a recommendation or warning about them.

I'm looking for a group flight to Bahamas where the plan is pre-defined, hotel reservations are made, paper work is understood and done together.

Also, anyone know a good place to rent a C-182 or PA28-236 near Miami? Don't want to fly our airplanes from Seattle for this. I'm looking but found only one so far and its a pricey turbo.

thanks

I've flown to and from the Bahamas probably 6-7 times to different islands. It's easy to do yourself, but if you want to spend money with someone else taking care of the details, I'd recommend talking to Jim Parker at Caribbean Flying Adventures (http://www.caribbeanflyingadventures.com/). I'd bet he's going to be at SNF if you're going and want to talk to him yourself.

In terms of renting a plane, although I don't live in S FL, I know that there is a flying club at KPMP (Pompano FL) with some decent planes. No Dakotas that I know of, but I believe they have a 182 and I know they have a Archer, and a Cherokee 6. You'd have to get a checkout of course.

I've been to Andros, Eleuthera, and Long Island in my own plane and never had a problem. Good luck :D

VFR?

Mike, we've talked about flying our -10 to Cuba. Do you still have to file IFR or have they dropped that requirement? They were talking about doing so.

Thanks,

Mike, we've talked about flying our -10 to Cuba. Do you still have to file IFR or have they dropped that requirement? They were talking about doing so.

Thanks,
IFR is still required but there will be a group going in May that got a one time special permission to go VFR there. A bit pricey but still VFR. International Air Rally is putting it on.
:cool:

Last edited:
Back