What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need Engine Builder

Abraham

Well Known Member
Can someone recommend an engine build that I can send freshly overhauled parts to for assembly?

I do not want to use a 'big' shop. Just someone that has experience building engines. Engine is in Kansas if that matters..

Thanks, but as stated, I do not want to pay a big shop's hangar rent... Looking for an individual with a good reputation..

Ok. Just to be clear, America's Aircraft Engines does not own a hangar. And they are a long way from a 'Big Shop'. They are a family owned and run business. Good luck with your search.

Aero Engines of Winchester

I would highly recommend Tom at Aero Engines of Winchester, VA.

He built my O-320 and it's a great engine. Most all of the A&P's around here use him exclusively.

+1 for Tom. I had asked him about bringing my parts and building the engine myself in their shop and he was open to the idea. Didn't go that route in the end, but I'm sure they'd be ok with you sending your own parts.

+2 for Aero. They did our engine on the Arrow, flew over there a few times in the RV and spent some time with them during the process. Tom and Arthur run a great business out of the hangar, the boys down the road at the engine shop are fun to visit with. They are not afraid of experimentals, I will be visiting them again.

My stepson

.....Is an A&P/IA and has both Lycoming and Continental factory training.
Call James at 706 550 8628, in Louisville, Ga. He works in my hangar.

Best,

Back