What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Dynon Skyview AP Install

RV10inOz

Well Known Member
SkyviewInstall_zpsb0482018.jpg

It has been a few weeks now but I think this could be the first flying (non company) Dynon Skyview AP installation.

We previously had the classic panel system, and this upgrade included the AP modules as well as 2 x D700, 1 x D1000 and the usual EMS and ARINC gear. We upgraded the GNS530W to a GTN750 and the GTX330ES was replaced with the Dynon Transponder as well.

Installation went well and included a VP-X to replace the old bus system.

Are we please? You Bet! x 1,000,000,000

The new system and the AP is awesome. The IAS and VS VNAV modes are fantastic.

If this is not the best bang for buck IFR platform, I will eat my hat!

Hello David,

Nice panel.

Have I missed the approval of CASA Project CS13/01.
I didn't think Dynon equipment (or any non TSO'd equipment) was approved for IFR yet (in OZ)?

This aircraft has an existing IFR CofA (flown almost 1000hrs in under 5 years) and now has an upgrade to the NEW Dynon AP panels, and a GTN750. All notified to the AP concerned.

For any new builds you will possibly find the process easier if you had a TSO'd ASI, ALT and AH.

As for CASA and thier project, they were delivered an extremely professional high level submission with considerable data back around July or August last year. SAAA have heard absolutely nothing in response.

I suspect the report is of such high standards and hard to argue with they are still unsure how to understand it. Do not hold your breath for a esponse either.

How do I know all this....I lead the project for SAAA and appointed a really top notch guy to put the submission together. He is building a Rocket and is in the RAAF, with much experience in these kind of things, I would have to say it was the most professional response to anything I have read in my life. I think nobody at CASA can argue, but their silence is deafening.

My 20c worth.

I spoke with a person in CASA in December 2013 and they indicated it would all be approved at least for Dynon and Garmin systems as they have evidence of there compliance but others may need further. Maybe this is the delay.

Back