What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Emags vs standard mags??

Hi

I'm looking to fit an 0-320 to my RV6A and would appreciate any input with regards to what type of mags to fit to it.

Is there anybody out there that has had Emags and has had issues with them?

Thanks

The latest model Emag is actually called a Pmag. Emagair no longer makes the Emag.

If you try the search feature of this site you'll find literally hundreds of threads discussing them. Summary: lots of people have them. Many have had problems, many have not.

Bendix has new pricing

Bendix introduced new pricing at Oshkosh this year on their mags, makes them very competitive and they have better performance than the slicks.

Being in UAE, I would recommend using something that is more available there, or at least has knowledgeable mechanics there. That would most likely mean mags.

The P-mags had a lot of problem early on. (Check the archives.) With the latest 114 P-mags running firmware version 40 you should be OK. However, since you are halfway around the world, I would recommend buying three of whatever ignition you select; P-mag's or traditional mag's.

With the P-mags you can install an EICommander to monitor and manage them. That way, if you can't get 100LL, you can dial in the best timing for the fuel available from your instrument panel.

Back