What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tosten Grips - Wow!!!

SeanB

Well Known Member
I recently received my new "Military Style Grips" from Kevin at Tosten. I did a previous review on VAF of a prototype while Kevin was at OSH this year. A few things have changed since:
  • The switches are now Otto Brand. These switches are very high quality and you can feel the difference from the usual types. I'm in the semiconductor industry and this brand of switch is common for high-end equipment.
  • The Military Style Grips now have the Soft Touch finish. I like it!
The new website has several great features (on today's front page):
http://tostenmanufacturing.com/
  • I found that other brands have very rudimentary ordering methods that frustrated me quickly. Kevin's graphical ordering system is sooo much better. Just pick the button from the drop down list and it is represented on the blank grip.
  • The website also allows you to print/save the grip configuration you've developed. I think this could be a nice graphic for our POHs.
The quality of the grips is obvious once you hold them. They just feel solid, not hollow. As mentioned, the buttons are definite. The ergonomics are perfect for my hand.

The grips are modular and can be created in left, right, or neutral.

The only thing I can imagine being better is the somewhat sharp edges of the toggle switch (flaps). Not a big deal. I ordered some miniature boots that should increase comfort.

I'll be very happy to add these grips to my aircraft (I'm very picky, too! :D).

The grips, website, wiring diagrams, ordering methods and Kevin's customer service are terrific!

Excellent job Tosten!!!

Just my thoughts......a happy customer.

Pic

FP07112014A00005.jpg

Military grip

I installed my military grip a couple of weeks ago. Kevin is great to work with and I am extremely pleased with the grip and the install.

Back