What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

over night storage

Ron B.

Well Known Member
In April (plan to spend two days at Sun & Fun first) somewhere around the 14th /15th, I would like to find a secure location (perhaps inside a hangar or at safe compound) to park a 16' closed in trailer for the night in the North Carolina area somewhat close to the route taken from Florida to Maine. I'm purchasing a project, including the engines and would not sleep well with it parked at a hotel. I'm willing to pay for this service. One small hitch is that we plan on traveling around 12 hrs. a day (long trip) with two drivers and we might be in the evening arriving , (most businesses would be closed at that time).
If you can help ,please e-mail me at ronbelliveau at eastlink. ca
thanks Ron

I already got one response, thank you. But I did not specify my route. I would like to use I-95 and find a secure location along that route.
Thanks

Another option..

If you decide to change your route and travel the western route down I-81 and I-77 ( I never drive I-95 from NYC - Washington DC), I live not far from I-77 between Statesville and Winston-Salem. I live on an airport (8A7), and you can put the trailer under cover in my carport. You could actually stay at our house where you can see it and save a hotel cost.

Thanks for the offer Bill, I'll check out that route. I've never traveled that area, and you say that your route is a preferred route (for you at least) up the east coast. I was advised to get off the 95 in the Maryland to New York area due to traffic.
I'll get back to you, and thanks again as this will put my mind at ease for the trip.
Ron

Hello Bill
I leave tomorrow for Fl. and I'm now planning the I-81 route. My plans are to leave Fl. on next Sunday morning getting me up your way next Sunday evening. Any chance your offer is still available?
Thanks Ron

Come on by !

Ron, we will be here next Sunday. Keep me posted on your travels, and give me a call at 336-202-05 seven four. I didn't see this message until today, so I hope you get it !

Hello Bill
Just seeing your reply now. Picking up the kit tomorrow and will be making return plans on Saturday. I will give you a call Sat. if that?s ok.
Thanks a bunch
Ron

OK Ron, I will be looking for your call Saturday. We plan to be doing some flying, so leave a message if I don't answer. Hope your trip goes well.

All loaded up, but I have a pick up to do in Pa. so I need to be there on a week day. Plan on leaving early Sunday morning. Hopefully if our travels don?t align with your place you will not be upset with us. I will certainly give you a call by phone either way. Right now the weather is forecasting a big storm for Fl. but later in the day. We still need to check the weather up your way before we set out.
Thanks a bunch Ron

Ok Ron, weather forecast for our area on Sunday looks like wind and storm possibilities. We are around, so just call if your coming this way.

Due to the weather we set out a day early and stayed on the 95.We are now passed your area . Thank you very much, I really appreciate it. I will monitor this post to make sure you get this message, if I don?t see your reply, I will give you a call.
Thanks Ron

Hello Bill
Made it home safely last night. Only problem on the entire trip was a stuck brake caliper on my pickup. I had installed new brake disc and pads before leaving and it destroyed them. Other than that uneventful.
Thanks for the offer once again
Ron

Back