What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RE:APRS down time

fstringham7a

Well Known Member
RE:APRS down time

All right so how do you folks expect me to get those last 1000 details of
N74BZ done if you got me addicted to catching up on N399SB flights using the APRS @ WWW. APRS.FI. Here I set watching in real time Sam coming out of Muscle Shoals.....heading to Courtland.

Just added another detail to my final 1000 things list as my 7A gets ever so excruciating closer to the end...................install the APRS system to the aircarft.

He's already past Courland doing about 163 plus MPH.....................OK already back to the garage for some real work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Sam for the write up at

http://home.hiwaay.net/~sbuc/journal/tracker.htm and the real time fun of watching you go.................:D

Frank @ SGU RV7A.....last 1001 details...........

All right so how do you folks expect me to get those last 1000 details of
N74BZ done if you got me addicted to catching up on N399SB flights using the APRS @ WWW. APRS.FI. Here I set watching in real time Sam coming out of Muscle Shoals.....heading to Courtland.

Just added another detail to my final 1000 things list as my 7A gets ever so excruciating closer to the end...................install the APRS system to the aircarft.

He's already past Courland doing about 163 plus MPH.....................OK already back to the garage for some real work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Sam for the write up at

http://home.hiwaay.net/~sbuc/journal/tracker.htm and the real time fun of watching you go.................:D

Frank @ SGU RV7A.....last 1001 details...........

Frank, sorry about the loss of productivity! :D

It was great having you along for the flight! I watched Pete Howell make a couple of flights real-time and watching those bread crumbs being spread out across the countryside is sorta addictive...

030608.jpg

I hit a digipeater 225 miles away on the flight so the little homemade 1/4 wave whip antenna is doing its stuff. We are about to see a population boom of trackers in our local Tennessee Valley RV Group so there will be no escaping our planes wandering around. :)

Last edited:
RE:Yes I am!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello, my name is Frank, and I'm a Track-a-holic.............

Hello, my name is Pete, and I am the founding member of Track-a-holic...............I am also expecting my other Track-a-olics to give the addiction...!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Thanks Pete for your DIY tracker and the many doors it will open for we EXPERIMENTERS.:D http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=26797

Frank @ SGU......RV7A...last 1001 details

Last edited:
Pathetic

Hello, my name is Frank, and I'm a Track-a-holic.............
Hey wait a second I wannabe a Track-a-holic! It's gotten to the point that I leave a window open to aprs.fi just in case somebody with a tracker comes by. We now need a website where those of you with flying trackers tell us about upcoming flight so that we can watch. I just saw that DR is getting ready to install one in Flash and I'm looking forward to that since he's only a few miles down the road from me and might even fly over once in a while.

Man I'm pathetic I'm a wannabee RV builder and now a wannabee Track-a-holic.:(

Francisco (yes I'm reverting back to my name since Frank is already taken :D )

We now need a website where those of you with flying trackers tell us about upcoming flight so that we can watch.

That is one of the missions of the "APRS Tracking" forum. Hopefully pilots with trackers will announce their flights so we can feed the addiction. :D

Back