What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

~2006 Superior Engine & Overhaul

andyrv

Well Known Member
Getting close to 1600 hours on my roller cam Superior XP IO-360 built around 2006 with the original Superior Roller Lifters (no longer available).

Anybody out there go through an overhaul/case machining/lifter replacement on one of these engines yet?

I realize it may still be many more hours before I have to do this but trying to figure out what the options are.

Thanks,
Andy

I spoke with Rhonda Barrett of BPE about this procedure some time ago. I have the original lifters also. She has done it before and has a vendor (don't know which one) already familiar with doing the case machining. Sounds like it isn't too big a deal.

Not sure why yo'u re concerned about overhaul at 1600 hrs. With proper care and exercise these engines should do almost twice that in hrs.

Planning ahead

Hi Mel. You performed my original inspection on N734CA airplane at Aero Country several years ago (2008).

Just planning ahead and wanted to see if anyone had done the overhaul on this specific engine model yet.

It is Super Smooth with the Hartzell BA and dynamic balancing by Walt at EXP so I won't be overhauling as long as it's healthy.

Andy

Back