What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Superior Engine Build School

SHORTRV7

Well Known Member
I contacted Superior Air Parts to see if they offered a build school for the IO-540 Engine and they said at this time they only offer build schools for the XP-320 and the XP-360 engines, I attended one several years back and built my engine, 650 hours later all is good. The reason for me posting this is to see if there is enough interest to persuade the folks at Superior to put on a 540 build school.
Let me know if you have an interest or not!

Thanks

What they were telling you is that they don't build 540s. Since they don't build that engine, they also don't have a build school for it. I doub't you'll persuade them to do a build school for another manufacturer's engine. Maybe someday they'll engineer 540 cases but since I already have my engine for the -10, I don't really care anymore.

The fine folks at Aerosport threw in build school as part of the engine purchase. It was a fantastic experience and it gave me confidence knowing how knowledgable the people there are.

+1 for Aerosport, I'm doing my build school next month.

That is great Tim. You will have a really fine time there. Say hi to Darren and Simon (he was my building coach).

What happened to the diesel engine you were going to use?

Last edited:
Randy, I actually just posted about it. It's still progressing but not on my timeline. I have to get my plane flying, so I'm going with the 540 until the V4 is all set.

Darren has been awesome to work with and they have plenty of experience with Ross at SDS to boot!

Back