What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Andair 90* elbows

TS Flightlines

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Just thought I'd post this for those of you using Andair selector valves and needing 90*-6 elbows. Aircraft Spruce is stocking them, and I think they will increase the quantity. We know that it takes a while to get some things from Andair, and Andy and Owen are working on this problem.

I've communicated this to Jim Irwin, and he has committed to stocking some of these parts. This will especially help those builders with duplex valves in tight areas like the RV7/9 install.

The Andair part number is EF20, the Spruce part number is 05-04615, and stock is showing in Peachtree City. Not many, 3 I think, but I'm certain their stocking quantity will increase if they sell some of these. I know that most of the time, builders are going back to Andair to get them. Now we have another option.

OH--and those of you using the duplex valve and needing the valve configured for 6 elbows, we talked to Andy and Owen at OSH last year about making the 2020 valve configured that way. They were going to produce it. We'll check on that too.

Tom

Tom,

Thanks very much for following up on this and working with the vendors to get some stock in. Those 90 degree elbows are extremely useful.

Gregg

Reviving this thread as I'm in need of these elbow fittings. I'm installing a duplex fuel valve and am now in need of 5 of these elbows. Spruce is out and everytime I try to buy them from Andair my transaction gets declined as they aren't 'able' to process my payment. Anyone having that issue?

Barring that being fixed does anyone in the UK want to buy 5 and we can settle up? :D

- Kilroy

If you want...

I think I may have some of these fittings. I used the duplex valve in my -10 and I think I ended up using straight fittings instead of 90s.

I can't get to my shop today to verify but I can check tomorrow, if you want...

The fittings, if I have them, have never seen fuel.

Well shoot-----WE talked to Jim about this several years ago, and I'll bet that its one of those part numbers that few know about, but when you want/need them is 6 weeks from UK.
Advise----get up early and call Jenny Directly and order them. WE've tried to brokere a deal with Andair for several years now, without much success---but still working on it-----and an alternative.

Tom

Yeah the duplex valve I bought has straight fittings and when you put a 90 degree elbow fitting on top of that you have to bend the fuel lines back to the middle so that the first 90 degree bend will clear the exit hole from the center tunnel.

rocketman1988, if you have those valves let me know.

- Kilroy

Try another browser or other computer. Sometimes they kick you out again and again. Otherwise call them.

The Duplex valve that Spruce sells uses straight AN fittings---and generally its a pain to rework everything to make those work. WE wanted Spruce to stock the 2020 valves with the EF20 elbows already on it, but differences in Andair and Spruce apparently made that not work. Those valve we have ordered directly from Andair are ordered with the elbows.

Tom

Humorous note, i was in the EI/EFI forum put on by Ralph Inkster on Friday, and we were all discussing the need for a fuel rail and duplex valves. The Newton SPRL valve that's half the price of Andair's AN one was mentioned. I thought the SPRL fittings were a pain to deal with also because they'd require adapters to AN-size fittings. As it stands, years down the road, Andair still remains the only duplex valve out there that is commonly known.

Humorous note, i was in the EI/EFI forum put on by Ralph Inkster on Friday, and we were all discussing the need for a fuel rail and duplex valves. The Newton SPRL valve that's half the price of Andair's AN one was mentioned. I thought the SPRL fittings were a pain to deal with also because they'd require adapters to AN-size fittings. As it stands, years down the road, Andair still remains the only duplex valve out there that is commonly known.

I found that buying my duplex valve direct from Andair was significantly cheaper than the in-stock price at Spruce (at least at the time), and closer to the SPRL valve price. I wish I'd known then that I didn't need the 12" extension (3" would have been enough) or the direction changer fitting for said extension. In the end, I'm happy with my valve even though it had straight fittings and took some adaptation to fit it in the airplane.

Likewise. Was a bit ashamed when I cut down that extension to the 4" or so I needed. Made a custom selector mount plate that mounts between my center console and the small vertical switch plate I have dropping down from the bottom of my panel.

I have four

killjoy, If it helps I have four of the 90 degree fittings - EF20 3/8" - never used. I bought extra fittings when I was trying to figure out fuel line routing.

Bob

Last edited:
Back