What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X GEA 24 discrete input uses

TShort

Well Known Member
What useful / interesting things are people doing with the discrete inputs on the GEA24?

I was thinking of door latch, EarthX fault wire, fuel pump indicator ... was wondering what other things you guys have come up with.

Thanks...

Thanks for the links.

Is there a guide somewhere that spells out the different things that can be done with the configurable inputs?

For example, "You can make your own button for level mode. And you can use a separate switch to arm/disarm our electronic stability protection (ESP-X) functionality. They just require use of one of the configurable discrete inputs."

I have not been able to find details about wiring and connecting different functions in the G3X install or pilot's guide.

Hey Thomas,
You are right in there isn't a whole lot covering this in the manual, but then again, because it's such a simple concept, I guess there doesn't really have to be. You need to check out page 33-130 and 33-131 of the manual (revision AC is what I have). This covers what the options are and how to configure them. It may also pay to look at your Com and audio panel manuals as there may be more options there also.
Cheers,
Tom.

I used mine for canopy latch alerting, toga, smoke system stays, and left/right mag off alerts.

The canopy latch alert circuit is off a small reed switch and magnet in the tip of the canopy pin, if it isn?t all the way closed it squawks pretty good at you when you push power up.

Toga is a button on my stick, performs a very nice go around at mins all coupled up with just a push of the button and throttle!

Smoke system alert is just a green or yellow alert (no audible) on the screen, didn?t want to waste space with a light cluttering up the panel.

And the mag alerts were a pretty easy addition to make sure I never do a single mag takeoff. Had to use dual pole ignition switches to get a circuit to run the input. Might have been another way to work it but I sure like how it turned out.

Good luck, lots of decisions!

Fitz

RV-4

Back