What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for the right RV-4

Hi everyone,

Although I've been a VAF member for some time, this is my first post.

I'm looking for an excellent RV-4. By that I mean an excellent build, along lines of Dayton Murdock's RV-4 as described by Paul Dye here:
http://www.kitplanes.com/issues/31_8/flight_reports/rv4_at_35_21048-1.html

If you have one or know of someone who is thinking of making room for their next build, I can provide a good home.

My nice-to-have list is below, but the build quality, no accidents, incidents or damage and no long periods sitting idle are the only requirements.

I will be relying on Vic Syracuse to confirm the quality of the plane and to give his opinion of the value of the plane. I'm expecting to spend $40-50K but will pay whatever the plane is worth. I'm not looking for a bargain (but will gladly accept one!).

The panel is not important but an EFIS would be nice.

Other nice to have:
- less than ~800 hours
- less than 15 years old
- light weight
- IO- or O-320 with good compression, but -360 is acceptable.
- 3-blade Catto prop or similar
- autopilot
- dynafocal mount, vetterman exhaust, engine monitor, etc, etc.

I'm going to try to be patient and wait for the right plane, so you may see this post a few more times.

Jim Wampler
(Donated Nov. 2016)

---

Looking for a US RV-4!

Ah, I forget an important element of my post. Although I live in Switzerland I'm looking for a US plane and I plan on hangaring it in Oregon or Washington.

Mike, thanks, I'm aware of HB-YPT but chf 125K (~$125K) is definitely outside of my budget for an RV-4.

Ron, I'll be in touch, thanks.

-jim

Back