What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

P-mags installed tach inop

FNG

I have a Dynon180. When I installed the left P-mag, my tach stays at zero.

I?m sure there is an easy fix. Anybody else had this problem?

Thanks so much!

Tom

I?m assuming you shifted from a mag to the pMag. If so, did you use the same wire for tach input and if so, did you remove the inline resistor needed when using a mag to feed the Dynon?

Carl

My tach wire from Stein was a shielded wire. Initially, I removed the insulation and the shielding, but did not get a tach reading. It turned out, the tiny inner wire also had insulation. Once I removed that, everything worked. Easy fix, if you have the same issue. :rolleyes:

I?m assuming you shifted from a mag to the pMag. If so, did you use the same wire for tach input and if so, did you remove the inline resistor needed when using a mag to feed the Dynon?

Carl

I just used the P lead to control the New P mag. I guess I need to run a wire from the p mag tach output to the dynon.

I think the dynon is wired to the starter key right now. That is how it is explained in the dynon manual.

I just used the P lead to control the New P mag. I guess I need to run a wire from the p mag tach output to the dynon.

I think the dynon is wired to the starter key right now. That is how it is explained in the dynon manual.

Yep - you found your problem.

Carl

Carl

I did not remove the resistor. I think you have solved my problem. I?ll try that fix when I get a chance.

Thank you!

Back