What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pitot/AOA

Tbone

Well Known Member
Does anyone have a suggestion or experience on how to route the pitot/AOA tubing once it enters the fuselage? I am curious on how they transition thru the spar area and route to the instruments. I am running out of room! Any pictures would be great also.:D

I ran mine through the center section via the 625 plastic bushing in the left most bay, along with some of the wires going out to the wing. One center section bushing wasn't enough for me including the wires for the lights, adahrs (mine is in the left wing), pitot heat and nav coax, so I got Van's permission to add a second 625 bushing one one bay inboard in the center section. They were very specific as to where to put it! To get the tubes into the fuselage, I also had to drill a second set of holes aft of the main wing hole in the fuse. I probably have a picture somewhere, but not accessible currently.

Once I got the tubes forward of the center section, I ran them along the floor on the left to the firewall then up.

On my 6A, I ran it into the fuselage forward of the spar, along the corner of floor/sidewall and up behind the support member just aft of the rudder pedals. I had fuel lines there and just tie wrapped to them.

Larry

Back