What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Windshield SikaFlex (how much to buy)

Raymo

Well Known Member
It took two tubes of SikaFlex 295 to complete the canopy and I am preparing for the windshield.

How many tubes have folks used for theirs?

I bought two, one for the windshield, and one to fasten the fairing. I did the FG layup on the plane with packing tape, then removed to finish.

Even so i think that one will be plenty enough, i would buy two anyways.

Just imagine you are running out of it, for whatever reason, when you are 2 inches short of the end!

I think, compared to the total amount of work, effort, skill, sweat, thoughts, time and all the other things, the price for a second sika cartdridge is to be neglectable.

The answer to your question, therefore, is two!!

Sika

Ray: I have 2 tubes of Black 295 UV with Aug/16 expiration date. Purchased March/16. I won't get to my windshield by then so will sell for 75% of Jamestown's price. I have to airline to SAV Sunday morning so could bring with me.

Don Broussard

RV 9 Rebuild in Progress

Ray: I have 2 tubes of Black 295 UV with Aug/16 expiration date. Purchased March/16. I won't get to my windshield by then so will sell for 75% of Jamestown's price. I have to airline to SAV Sunday morning so could bring with me.

Don Broussard

RV 9 Rebuild in Progress

Thanks for all the feedback. After posting, I decided to order 2 tubes and, if one is left unopened, it could go to one of two other RVs being built on the field (one is Tom of TSFlightLines).

Don,

I might be able to cancel my order and take you up on your offer but would need to know when you are arriving/leaving as I have to attend a wedding that day.

Back