What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

IO-360 mixture & throttle hook up question

Charles in SC

Well Known Member
Hello, I have searched the archives and come up empty. I am trying to hook up the mixture and throttle cables through the parts Van's sent me to the throttle body bell cranks. Looking at OP-22 the mixture bell crank in their picture looks like it has been shortened, redrilled, and repositioned. I do not have a problem doing this but is this the thing to do and if so are there some instructions some where or do I just eyeball it? This is a new Lycoming ordered through Van's, Thanks in advance!

Hello, I have searched the archives and come up empty. I am trying to hook up the mixture and throttle cables through the parts Van's sent me to the throttle body bell cranks. Looking at OP-22 the mixture bell crank in their picture looks like it has been shortened, redrilled, and repositioned. I do not have a problem doing this but is this the thing to do and if so are there some instructions some where or do I just eyeball it? This is a new Lycoming ordered through Van's, Thanks in advance!

I installed this on an M1B just a little while back and fail to understand the reference to a modification. I just bolted it on. One caveat, you will need to ream the pivot bushing to remove the powercoat. http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showpost.php?p=1051395&postcount=73

Last edited:
Does this help?

FP05062008A00017.jpg

Thanks for the responses. I called Precision Airmotive today and was told that there are four mixture levers available, straight, long, and short and offset, long and short. After talking with them we decided that I have a straight, short one and need an offset short one. I have made arrangements to get this from them.

Back