What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trig TT22 Software

pauldan181

Well Known Member
I just installed a GRT Safe-Fly 2020 GPS and the installation instructions call for a minimum software version for the TT22 to receive position data as SW 2.7. Mine is SW 2.4 and I can't find anywhere how to upgrade the transponder SW. Anybody else run into this?

Trig update

I just installed a GRT Safe-Fly 2020 GPS and the installation instructions call for a minimum software version for the TT22 to receive position data as SW 2.7. Mine is SW 2.4 and I can't find anywhere how to upgrade the transponder SW. Anybody else run into this?

Ran into the same issue with my Trig TT31. The only way to update the software is through a Trig authorized service center. I checked a couple in the middle TN area and they did not instill a whole lot of confidence and wanted to charge big $$$. Called Mid Continent Instrument and Avionics, the Trig North American support location, and they could not of been nicer. For the cost of return insured shipping of about $21 via FedEx they upgraded my Trig software to the latest version. Took about 10 days including shipping time to and from. ADSB working like a champ.

I'll second the comments about Mid-Continent... their handling of the s/w upgrade on my TT22 / TC20 was terrific. I'd recommend them in a heartbeat.

Mid-Continent... If you are using the control head on the Trig 22 make sure to send it along with the transponder. they have to update software on each unit. I learned the hard way.

Alan

Without me having to go look at the transponder.... how do I know what software rev is installed?
(I don't have a remote head unit)

Without me having to go look at the transponder.... how do I know what software rev is installed?
(I don't have a remote head unit)

How are you controlling the Trig? I use a GRT HX. If I go to the bottom of the Trig set up page (off the main menu in the HX), it shows the software version.

How are you controlling the Trig? I use a GRT HX. If I go to the bottom of the Trig set up page (off the main menu in the HX), it shows the software version.

Controlled from an AFS 5600T Efis. I'm not sure how much this even applies to me and my setup, but I can deduce that it is version 2.4 based on when the transponder was purchased. Would be nice to "know" exactly though.
Thanks.

Back