What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

-14 w/io-360 data out yet?

Av8rRob

Well Known Member
I read about the factory -14 sporting a angle valve io-360 and was wondering if any data has been released about this yet? I've been out of touch for a few years but am very tempted to jump into a -14 build, just trying to gather all the info.

Thanks,
Rob

I read about the factory -14 sporting a angle valve io-360 and was wondering if any data has been released about this yet? I've been out of touch for a few years but am very tempted to jump into a -14 build, just trying to gather all the info.

Thanks,
Rob

The Kitplanes article a couple months ago had performance specs for the -14, not sure why Vans hasn't posted it on their website yet.

not sure why Vans hasn't posted it on their website yet.

Because when data gets posted there it is generally after doing very detailed (and proven repeatable) testing. Last summer, full speed ahead effort was being put into getting kits out instead of obtaining precise performance data, and the winter flying weather here in the N.W. makes it mostly impossible.

The data posted in Kitplanes was real and should be very very close to what eventually ends up on the web site.

In a nut shell, based on some preliminary side by side flat out speed comparisons between the tri gear and tail dragger prototypes, It appears that he speed difference with same prop and engine on both will yield a speed delta about the same as the RV-7 and 7A (2-3 Kts).

Back