What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bahamas for Easter

pa38112

Well Known Member
My wife and I had another great trip in our RV - Bahamas for Easter weekend. My son flew down commercial. We left Philadelphia and he left Baltimore. We beat him down, and beat him back. My twins also flew down in their Tomahawk from Virginia. They had a 300nm and 1 hour head start, and we still beat them. - Only in a RV :). I find that I can beat any other form of travel anywhere within 1,000 miles.
I was able to use the FlashPass app on my phone to file both my, and my son's eAPIS manifests going and coming back - that made the process a piece of cake. I recommend this for anyone, because trying to use a land based computer or any web-based process can be sketchy in the islands. Plus, you need to hit your flight time within 15 minutes. That it is not something I feel comfortable doing at home and hoping I can make the times - especially with how slow they are getting you cleared through customs at the Bahamas airports! My kids tried multiple times in vain to set up an eAPIS on the CBP site. Their site is a joke, as is getting any information at all out of CBP. They finally called me and I filed it for them in 30 seconds.
Keep pounding those rivets!

FlashPass charges

Keith how much they charge for submission after 30 days trial? I am pretty comfy with CBP website but would like to have an option.

Back