What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Twisting

ChiefPilot

Well Known Member
A while back, Smokey Ray made a pretty cool video doing vertical rolls in his RV-X. Even though I'm not a fan of single-camera-angle-through-the-whole-video pieces, I thought it was very interesting both visually and from a flying point of view.

I had the opportunity to try something similar recently - it's pretty roughly edited but it's short, so the pain doesn't last very long :)

Speaking of pain, maybe this explains why my neck has been a bit stiff & sore over the last couple of days :)

ETA: All flights are pre- and post- briefed; if anyone is interested in a copy of our training rules (developed from both USN and USAF materials) I'd be happy to share.

Last edited:
Where over Dakota County is this? I'd love to sit on my porch just south of Hastings, crack a beer and watch some (mock) aerial combat!. Just don't let my -10 know... she might get jealous.

It's actually not over Dakota county but rather further south. Too many victor airways in Dakota county; no room to get the required 4 miles way from their centerlines :-(

Never thought of that, but good point. I'm a mile or two south of LDASH, and still under the 4000' shelf.

Oh well, I can still wave at you if you fly by upside down!

Back