What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

True or False History?

comfortcat

Well Known Member
Folk tale or not?

I believe I heard that an RV (RV-6?) was built and flown at OSH in one week.

Was this true? If so, What year? Some kind of builders demo?

Dkb

Regardless of whether it's been done... Sounds like an interesting challenge.

400 hours over AirVenture is about 70 hours per day. Three people working 24h a day (realistically: 9 people working pretty much all day) might be able to do it.

I mean, they do "Two weeks to taxi" at Glasair. That's at a very well-equipped shop, though, with lots of containers at your fingertips all clearly labeled and holding pretty much anything you might ever need. The trickiest part would be moving a shop like that to OSH.

Incidentally, it would make for a fun reality-TV show ;)

Zenair did the same thing at Expo 86 in Vancouver, BC. The plane was built, but it didn't get to fly that same week... Nobody coordinated with Transport Canada to get the inspections and paperwork queued up ahead of time so it would all be in place when the structure was done. As I recall it was a couple of months before it was all squared away and the first flight occurred.

Works for babies too

Seems to me with this logic one can have a baby in one month with 9 girl friends; or at least have a lot of fun.

Back