What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Jepp Programmer for Garmin 430W

RFazio

Well Known Member
I just put a Garmin 430W in my plane and had the software updated. I now want to be able to update the Nav Data card. I'm getting conflicting answers to my questions and so figured I'd post it here. For you 430W users, I've got what I guess is an older Nav Data card, it doesn't have the orange tag, it looks white. I've got a newer Jeppesen, Skybound G2 USB data base programmer. Can I program my older card? the directions for the card seem to say I can program cards from 2mb to 16mb which I think is all of them, even the non waas units. Any of you 430W drivers doing what I want to do?

Yes

The "orange tag" programmer will work with the older cards, but the older "silver tag" programmer will not work with the new "orange tag" cards.

M

Thanks

Thanks for the reply, I was hoping that was the case. So with the new Jepp programmer I can program both. I can also get a new card and have a spare which is what I wanted to do.

Thanks for the reply, I was hoping that was the case. So with the new Jepp programmer I can program both. I can also get a new card and have a spare which is what I wanted to do.
Exactly what I have. One "Orange" programmer, one "Orange" card and one "Silver" card. Works great.

:cool:

Is there an "after market" card source for a back up card? I have to run back and forth to the airport to update mine as the internet connection at the airport is slooooow. The Garmin price was crazy the last time that I looked.

Thanks.

John

Back