What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

5 point restraint harness

Graham

I am looking where to purchase a 5 point restraint harness having a rotary buckle. e.g Scroth.

Can anybody recommend a harness based on your own experience?

I find the modern slotted harness fittings aa pain.

Crow, the way to Go

I have two sets of Crow harnesses in my RV-8a and I find them excellent. Comfortable, easy to modify, good looking and a bunch cheaper than Hooker. Quick in and out with the spin latch. I called the business and spoke with Joe. Said he ran the place and took my order. Knew what an RV-8a was and the length and setup for the plane. So good to speak with a guy who knows what he's talking about. Seems like a fine way to do business. Best of luck, Bill

Unfortunately ...

.... Crow's harness sets are limited to four colors. Those of us with tan interiors are left with no choice but black. Yuch. (I know ... Henry Ford is smiling in his grave.)

If you supply the webbing Crow will make you belts so you can have any color you want. Talk to Fred Crow when you call. Don

My wife was kind enough to give me a pair of Hookers for Christmas some years ago. While more expensive than the Crows, they are outstanding.

When I was doing the car thing, I used Willans harnesses but I never hear them mentioned with regard to aircraft.

PS. Welcome to VAF!

Last edited:
...for Christmas????

Bill, if my wife gave me 2 hookers for Christmas, well.....I just don't know what I'd say!

thank you?

best present ever?

...is this some kind of test?

( what will SHE expect for Valentines day now???? :)

OMG, the humanity!

hehehhehe

Thats kinda what I was thinking to Flyboy, what would I say? For sure this must be some kind of test that I doubt I can pass either way!!

bird:rolleyes:

I'm lucky to be alive...

Bill, if my wife gave me 2 hookers for Christmas, well.....I just don't know what I'd say!

thank you?

best present ever?

...is this some kind of test?

( what will SHE expect for Valentines day now???? :)

OMG, the humanity!

Shortly after Christmas we went to a Church social and when asked what Nora gave me for Christmas I simply replied, "A pair of Hookers." You could have heard a pin drop.

It took a few months for the bruises to heal.

..on the bright side...

well Bill, better than telling folks you're flying with a couple of old crows! :)

Just ordered a set of Crows

I have a set of what look like crow belts (black with no markings) that I bought from another builder and have flown with them for the last few years, they have the lever latch with a square leather pad underneath and two separate shoulder straps rather than the Y configuration. I just ordered the crow set with the rotary latch and the Y shoulder harness to replace them.
I should have these switched out in the next couple of weeks so if anyone is interested in the existing set for about $50 plus shipping, let me know.
And no the crows do not come with the spacers (I called)

Willans harness

Well Bill R, you will see a set of Willans harnesses in my Rocket when it's finished !! Like you I used Willans in my "car days" and like them a lot. Probably not a path for the faint of heart; I custom ordered the harnesses; they are different for the pilot vrs PAX; based on the Lola F-5000 (T-332) configuration but with a single crotch strap and slightly different lengths all around. Make sure to make the tightening of the lap belt "pull up to tighten".

I also put a set of Willans in the last sailplane I had; it was the last prototype before production run of the ASW-20 and so was registered Experimental - so I could change things around some.

Back