What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Throttle body problem

jmra72a

I ordered the IO-360-M1B along with the firewall forward kit from Vans. My engine came with an Airflow Permormance FM150 throttle body. This uniit is not at all compatable with the throttle and mixture linkage that Vans provides in their Firewall Forward Kit. When I called Vans about this they advised that my engine should have came with a Silver Hawk throttle body and they advised me to work with Lycoming to see if they would exchange the throttle body for me. My question is has anyone mounted a Fuelflow Performance FM150 to an IO-360-M1B seccussfully and if so, how dis you fabricate the brackets for the throttle and mixture cables? Pictures would be greatly appreciated of seccussful installations.

Just an update. I got a call from Don Rivera of Airflow Performance. He has offered to work with me to design and build the control cable brackets and fuel lines that will be required to adapt Vans firewall forward kit to this throttle body.

He is a very knowledgeable individual that seems to have a close working relationship with both Vans and Lycoming. I am looking forward to working with him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill ---what was the issue with installing the FM150 on your engine? Lots of horizontal sump engines on RV's

And YES---Don is very knowledgeable!

Tom

The F150 is rotated 90 degrees compared to the SilverHawk. This makes both the mixture and throttle cables attach on the bottom where the SilverHawk has a belcrank linkage for the mixture control that mounts on the left side. Vans drawings calls out a dimensional location for the cable penetrations through the firewall and now these are also incorrect. So the control brackets, fuel lines and firewall penetration points need to be updated in Vans firewall forward kit for the IO-360M1B.

Back