What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Is there a fix?

PIN 37

Well Known Member
I am just about to fit the wings on my 7 for the last time. I have been wondering, what if I have drilled the rear spar attachment in the wrong place, Can it be fixed. The reason I am nervous about this is because when the flaps were fitted with the wings temporarily fitted, I had to put a joggle in the overlap between the flap and the bottom of the fuse. Now I reckon I checked the setup pretty well before I drilled, but this has always bothered me. I did ask the question at the time whether anyone else had come across this and I did get a reply from an rv6 builder that had the same thing.....still !
So does any know if it can be fixed if I have got it wrong? I should say that all edge distances are ok. :eek:

Not uncommon for the flap to have a joggle for correct fit to fuselage.
I checked mine several times before drilling and still needed the joggle, end up with a joggle on both flaps but i have also seen them with just one flap joggled.

Mick
VH-ZWR
Dereel airfield, vic

Phil,
Flap position relative the fuselage bottom is not a credible measurement of wing incidence.
If you measured wing incidence as per instructions and it was ok before drilling, it is ok.
My flaps do not fare with the fuselage bottom equally after alignment with ailerons. This bothered me so I called Vans, it is as it is on some airplanes. I thought it would affect lateral control in flight but I can not detect anything unusual. The airplane fly's well.
Your wing incidence will be ok, press on.:)

Back