What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Missing K1100-8s?

AviatorJ

Well Known Member
Part of airplane factory clean up is to go back through the plans and bag up like hardware that will be used in final assembly. For example the wing bolts, washers and nuts all together an labeled in a bag.

I'm looking at the wing assembly attachment section and it has me put about 50 K1100-8 at the fuselage wing roots. Well I have about 14 of them, so I either inadvertently installed 8s somewhere instead of 6s or I didn't get enough. Don't think that's the case because I look at the inventory list and the only K1100-8 are in a bag with 6's and there are only like 25 or so of them...

Curious if anyone with the QB ran into this or did I lose them somewhere?

Nutplates were an item I've run short of a number of times. I also ran short of pop rivets for the floorboards and for attaching the cabin top.

Same with my QB kit.
I used 8 K1100-8s on the baggage area bulkhead that should have been K1000-8, but had to order 40 K1100-8s for the wing root.

I had the wrong nut plates delivered with my wing kit. At the time I didn't really know the difference between K1000 and K1100 nut plates. I eventually figured it out and Vans did a swap for me. The cost of these parts does add up if you need 50 or 100 of them.

Back