What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

rear carry through spar

DWIEDWALD

I see that people are going to a larger width than the 1 1/4in that the plans call for. Is the new one 1 1/2in or 2in ?, and where are they purchasing it. The widest one I see is in 2024 T4 is 1 1/2in. please advise. Thanks

2" from aircraftspruce, I think they run about $40 bucks. I see youre in NJ...my plane is in Doylestown PA. If you ever want to take a look at it just let me know.

I have been looking at your site and saw you moved to the east caost wondered where. I'm in Flemington just across the river, less than 35min. Would definitely like to hook up for some advice and guideance and check your plane out .

rear spar

The mod sheets I have called for an angle to be installed to replace the small flat plate. I have done that and now I see you guys are going to the 2" flat plate. Is that a Vans change or just a change for better bolt hole edge clearance???

Perry

Perry,

I suspect the angle you're talking about was a 3/3A mod. The rear spar carry thru being discussed is on the 3B.

I used what came with the kit and had no problem with edge distance.

Tony

Back