What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X Touch: Export Logbook

rotorbailey

My G3X Touch automatically compiles a wonderful logbook including origin and destination airports, and even how many hours of the flight should be logged as "night".

But I can't find any way to export the log. So, I'm typing across from screenshots to my Excel logbook by hand. This seems a wee bit backwards.

Any word on how or when we might be able to export this lovely data?

VtnLl4S.png

try hitting the menu button on that page? try looking on the SD card file system? just a couple of ideas, don't know if they'll work

Check out cirrusreports.com

Very nice (free) web site that will take your G3X log data and give you tons of cool things to play with.

-Dan

bkthomps, there is sadly no option for flight log export after pressing Menu.

dweyant, thank you! That is a great resource. I thought CirrusReports was more for engine monitoring, but I can indeed import all my individual Garmin data_log files and then export an Excel file which I can then massage into the same format as my pilot logbook.

This will tide me over until Garmin at some point hopefully allow us to export the Flight Log to one file.

export

I'm told by Garmin that at least 'They' can use our exports for diagnostics. I'm having an issue and they requested the Log. Apparently it logs vibration now too. They did mention it takes 8.4 for that. I've been able to upload all my flights to Savyanalysis for years. Then export to google earth or use their spreadsheet. Export to spreadsheet? Dunno... sorry. But Savyanalysis shows the logbook part.

Back