What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-6A brake orings

rvator4twa

Well Known Member
Patron
The decals are nearly unreadable but one looks like Cleveland 30-9.
My o ring needs replacing as well as the brake pads. Ordered from Vans but not sure it is correct size.

Anyone else have this old a set of calipers been thru this?

Brake parts RV6

BRAKES: 5:00x5
Brake Assy O-Ring: 2 Each. One for each caliper.
AN6227B-23
MS28775-218
Brake Assy: Cleveland 30-9
Rapco Disk: RA164-01700
P/N: 06-00618
Rapco brake lining kit.
RA66-106-K4 = 4 linings + rivets.
Aircraft Spruce or Vans has these.

Brake O rings

The pair I ordered from Vans fit perfect and so will the 4 I ordered from Spruce as well. If you have been flying any length of time, when you order anywhere you might order some to consider changing them preemptively. My R brake went in just a few flights to having enough to turn R off the runway, and then was flat.

The same goes for the brake shoe kit. It is just a matter of time. I had 330 hours.

The pair I ordered from Vans fit perfect and so will the 4 I ordered from Spruce as well. If you have been flying any length of time, when you order anywhere you might order some to consider changing them preemptively. My R brake went in just a few flights to having enough to turn R off the runway, and then was flat.

The same goes for the brake shoe kit. It is just a matter of time. I had 330 hours.

Mine are scheduled to be replace every 5-years or 1,000 flight hours whatever comes first.

Back