What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Your best or most awesome pic of your RV in the air

Picture of C-GKSZ Van?S RV-8 sn: 81084 (2003).
"Planenut" landing on Tapanee frozen lake during Sainte-Anne-du-Lac (Qc) fourth annual winter fly-in ;-)
Collllllllld! windy day

C-GKSZ Van?S RV-8 sn: 81084 (2003) DSC_1521 copie par djipibi, sur Flickr

C-GKSZ Van?S RV-8 sn: 81084 (2003) DSC_1527 copie par djipibi, sur Flickr

And here is another shot from last summer at St. Lazare (Qc) fly-in. Windy with crosswinds as "Planenut" takes off.

C-GKSZ Van?S RV-8 sn: 81084 (2003) _DSC5429 copie par djipibi, sur Flickr

Don't let the sun go down on me...

Alot of guys have flown off into the sunset but not many have watched the sun rise (many times) from the wing.
This photo of my RVX was taken by my close friend and Iraqi Freedom F16 wing-man ""Mob" from his RV4 after we launched a "well before dawn" patrol.

Just like old times...
V/R
Smokey

The RVX

Last edited:
Alot of guys have flown off into the sunset but not many have watched the sun rise (many times) from the wing.
This photo of my RVX was taken by my close friend and Iraqi Freedom F16 wing-man ""Mob" from his RV4 after we launched a "well before dawn" patrol.

Nice! Flying before/during sunup is my favorite time to fly.

late afternoon flight

76e18d3b-7436-4986-934c-fe9e1c0eb94d_zpsa938dcdd.jpg

7cbffb55-a3c9-46f8-99a8-280168e94a0d_zpsa2631dad.jpg

What are those wing-looking devices

What are those wing-looking devices protruding from the wheelpants?

Best,

Pierre, those are fairings that hide my second inboard axles because its a big job removing those axles. The way I am set up it takes me only 3 minutes to install the wheel/skis, so when I travel South, I can remove & store them, then re-install on my way back North. Patrick G.

RV9 In-Flight Pictures

We had a little photo session yesterday with my -9 "Catalina". Thanks Tony!

23h95wj.jpg

2qar4fd.jpg

6gww87.jpg

"Fifi" tucked in tight on the Flagship Detroit

08ff2a81-801f-4471-bdd9-a21921cfe90a_zps7c7e7081.jpg

On the warbird arrival from Punta Gorda to Sun-n-fun!

erikpmort,
Sorry I don't have any higher res than the source on my photobucket site
It was snapped from one of my travelling companions in their Bonanza. Of course we reciprocated for them:

P1010363.jpg

Great trip, and we were very lucky to see McKinley so clearly!

Both of those pictures are awesome!! Would love to hear more about the trip, the route and any suggestions.

Alaska trip

Hi Mark,

Your Alaska trip was amazing, I read your entire story. Curious about your last leg from Ketchiken to WA.? how much fuel left in the tank when you landed?

Curious about your last leg from Ketchiken to WA.? how much fuel left in the tank when you landed?

I just had a look at my trip log. That leg was 4.2 hours chocks to chocks and used 29 gallons (from 42). Friday Harbour is the closest stop in the lower 48 and would save about 20 minutes.

Last edited:
Over the Missouri River near St. Louis, Oct 2012

2s0fh8y.jpg

Nice capture of the propeller! Looks like it was done with a film camera with shutter speed control. If it was done with a digital camera, care to share which camera and setting?

Bevan

Second flight in the plane, first was about an hour prior. Out having some form fun with rvmills.

2mhyntz.jpg

20p2cyr.jpg

I finally have some images to post in this thread. Photo credit to Pat Dulaney at the West Coast Formation Clinic.

img_1213.jpg

img_1239.jpg

First airborne pics with pants'n fairings

Hi gang.

A couple of months ago, it was time to take the first air-to-air shots of my new -7; "Kermit" since he had just got his pants on. It was nice that he dind't have to run around naked anymore... :)

A friend of mine, Rudolf Holm took the pics with his brand new Nikon. Another friend, Jostein Fossbakk, flew the photoship, his beautiful Lancair.

Here's some of the pics:

73jsxz.jpg

flft6b.jpg

2zhfyip.jpg

imv534.jpg

2czzxup.jpg

103g02e.jpg

2dgkn75.jpg

ynvw9.jpg

k2bj9u.jpg

When the sun approached the horizon, it was time to land and get the birds back in the hangar.
Here's Jostein preparing to get the Lanc back into it's home:

2qwe6nb.jpg

It was about time to finally get a few pics pics of Kermit, all dressed up!

Last edited:
Not me but three other locals on my wing just after the crosswind turn on departure from St. Louis Downtown (CPS).

n5iiyv.jpg

And playing around afterwards:

1zd3zv5.jpg

Last edited:
Do the other Norwegians fly from the right seat as well?
Very nice looking plane by the way !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is one of my favorite photo of the RV8. It was taken a few weeks ago by Jean Marie Urlacher, a nice aviation photograph. He is doing an awesome job and is a very nice guy. I really enjoyed how the things were organized for this photo session.
In the background is a friend's RV4, one of the few built directly from the plans, so without ordering any parts from Van's.

https://www.facebook.com/urlachair?fref=photo

GIB

I bet I'm one of the very few Gringos who has ridden in back in Bastien's RV-8. Looking good Bastien, hope all is well!

Just Married

FB_IMG_1429615344171_zpsqbjf3k8v.jpg

FB_IMG_1429615332549_zpsdvvewbz8.jpg

We got married in our RV-4"Casper" last weekend, and the photographer sent us a couple proofs..cant wait to get the rest! Photoship is a Cessna 206.

Congrats!

I must say I really like that F-1 Rocket in the photo, I think I've seen that one a few times before :rolleyes: :rolleyes:!

Back