Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-7/7A
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2017, 09:40 PM

My fuselage started as a tail wheel build. When I purchased the kit, I wanted the A model so I had to add steps.

Ive drilled the pop rivets out once and trying to decide if I put the nutplates in or just pop it back on. It is pretty easy and quick to drill them out and I can't see a reason to go back in there so I will probably just rivet them back on.
O-320 D2A
Panel andWiring done
Final assembly and paint!
Old 09-11-2017, 02:57 PM

Default F-6111

Hey Adam

I recently did my F-6111's and the info on Mikes RV-9 Blog http://www.my9a.com/fuse10.asp proved to be all I needed. Also summarised nicely in this Post http://www.vansairforce.com/communit...ad.php?t=25694

Ends up being quite easy. Just go slow on any trimming as usual.
Paid 2017
Old 09-11-2017, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam W View Post
i notice the manual would have me fix the baggage floor down permanently in another step or two
do i not need this open to pass wiring to the rear of the fuselage? or at least create a chase through one of the bagage floor ribs between 705 and 706 for later wiring? is this one of those spots not well addressed in the manual or is there an alternate route used by most for the wiring that has to reach the rear of the plane
I see you're in Canada, one big reason to hold off on closing the baggage floor is that you need the pre-cover inspection done first. I used platenuts and had the floor out for the inspection last year. I may not have interpreted the rules correctly, but as far as I know, the inspector will want to be able to see all of the rivets (other than the ones used to close up) in any area that will be closed up before closing it up.

As far as wiring goes, I ran some up the center tunnel, but had too much to put it all there. I have a bundle running up the right side under the baggage and seat floors.

Building RV-9A #91081, C-GCPT
Dynon SkyView HDX, IO-320 and WW 200RV C/S mounted. Final push to the finish line, I hope.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:47 PM

I did removable floors, for access to the steps and running Dynon ADSB box on one side and transponder on the other side, mounted to the underside of floor, and access to the ADSB and trans antenna mounts right there also.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:21 PM

thanks to all
i am still puzzled about using the center tunnel area for cabling to the rear
how would you pass through 706 it looks like any hole made to the left or right of the pushrod opening would interfere with bell crank ribs and be non compliant with edge distances?
Building RV7 #70770
Wings done
Empanage done
QB Fuse under way
Vans Airforce Dues Paid
Flying Piper Supercub PA18 150
Flying Cessna 414A