Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-10
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2017, 11:18 AM

That is awesome! I am interested in your panel and it's interface, if any, with the throttle quadrant. which throttle quad did you use?
Thanks
Old 09-01-2017, 11:58 AM

Congratulations! Your airplane looks great! I'm hoping when my RV-10 is finished, that I might try flying it to Europe. Maybe I'll head up to Sweden, where my family originates, and see yours!

Great idea with the Hobbs meter on the light switch, but frankly, I spend so much unproductive (or productive on other things than the airplane) time in my shop that it wouldn't be an accurate measure for my construciton time.
Old 09-01-2017, 05:04 PM

Default Well Ddone.

Congrats. And hobbs meter....... genius...
RV10: Happy little Vegemite :-)
Feb 2015: Now fully functional..... and quick

http://www.ozrv10.com
Old 09-02-2017, 12:37 AM

Grattis!!!
RV4 #2784
O-320 160hp, WW GA200L
982lb at 71,15"
SE-XZT
Gotland, Sweden
Old 09-02-2017, 07:55 AM

Default Onnittelut = Grattis = Congratulations

Fredrik, congratulations!

Great to see more RV's and aircraft's overall in Nordic countries. I build and completed it at 2004 here in US. I followed Finnish regulations along with local ones. Idea was that I'll ad it one day to Nordic Experimental fleet which hasent happen yet. I am working with my second project. Will see that how long it takes.

Ones more, congratulations for your achievement!
Old 09-02-2017, 12:16 PM

Mike, sorry I don't have any web build log. Here's a link https://photos.app.goo.gl/fVsCHI5OT0TtkZVm2 to some pics of how I built the OH console.
It's not only a console, it's actually the whole rear part of the cabin roof that I covered in 1 inch sheet of XPS (extruded polystyrene).
I cut it almost through, in a chessboard pattern, to have it easily fitted to the curved contour of the roof with epoxy. The console part is uncut pieces of XPS. Finally everything was covered in a layer of glass fiber and epoxy.

The interior panels from Aerosport Products are covered in a super stretchy black synthetic leather. You can probably find it from companies doing car interiors. The roof is covered in a black textile that have like 5 mm of soft foam on the backside to hide any uneven parts of the roof, also from a car interior company.
If you wanna save your self a lot of time, go for a prefabricated OH console instead.

Calvin, the panel and interior is from Aerosport Products, the quadrant included.

Fredrik
Old 09-02-2017, 01:35 PM

Fredrik,

I really like your overhead panel idea. It seems like it would be well insulated. Two questions: How fire resistant is the foam that you used, and do you have an idea of how much it ended up weighing?

dwb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredrik View Post
Mike, sorry I don't have any web build log. Here's a link https://photos.app.goo.gl/fVsCHI5OT0TtkZVm2 to some pics of how I built the OH console.
It's not only a console, it's actually the whole rear part of the cabin roof that I covered in 1 inch sheet of XPS (extruded polystyrene).
I cut it almost through, in a chessboard pattern, to have it easily fitted to the curved contour of the roof with epoxy. The console part is uncut pieces of XPS. Finally everything was covered in a layer of glass fiber and epoxy.

The interior panels from Aerosport Products are covered in a super stretchy black synthetic leather. You can probably find it from companies doing car interiors. The roof is covered in a black textile that have like 5 mm of soft foam on the backside to hide any uneven parts of the roof, also from a car interior company.
If you wanna save your self a lot of time, go for a prefabricated OH console instead.

Calvin, the panel and interior is from Aerosport Products, the quadrant included.

Fredrik
Old 09-02-2017, 02:40 PM

Dave, In Europe XPS styrofoam it is not classified as a flammable material although it is combustible, but so is also epoxy laminates. I don't know the exact weight penalty for this, but i would guess about 2 kilos (4.5 pounds ?).

Fredrik
Old 09-03-2017, 02:18 PM

Well done. I finished my RV10 two years ago now and run all EFII. I am thrilled with this system.