VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 08-23-2017, 04:47 PM

Default 327 to ADS 600 PIN numbers

John, I'm wiring my 327 to the ADS 600B directly for mode 3a info. Could you post the pin numbers on both units to connect?

Bob
Old 08-23-2017, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romper@q.com View Post
John, I'm wiring my 327 to the ADS 600B directly for mode 3a info. Could you post the pin numbers on both units to connect?

Bob
Bob,

Do you have the install manual? It's well documented on what pins to use.

Bill has taken the documentation off the web site. I can send you the file if needed.

I don't mean to be a jerk, but I'd rather teach somebody to fish, than hand them one directly. If you don't understand the schematic, then please ask a question.

Unfortunately, depending on which serial number you have, the pins on the db-37 are different. If my memory is correct, it was around s/n# 850.

It's pretty straight forward. It's three wires. One pair for the serial connection and a single wire to eliminate yourself as a "ghost".

Bob
Old 08-30-2017, 03:02 PM

Default Sent my FSDO notification

After installing and photographing the placard required by the AMOC for my installation, I have sent my notification package to the PHL FSDO.

I will post an update when I receive the acknowledgement of the notification.
Old 08-30-2017, 04:05 PM

Default How to connect to the Navworx 200-12 box

Hi guys,

When I sent my Navworx 600-B back for a factory upgrade 2 years ago, they sent me a 200-12 box in return. The old box had a 9 pin serial port that I could connect to use the console configuration program. The new -12 box does not have this port. How does one connect to the box to update the software?

Thanks

Jim Faber
Old 08-30-2017, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimfaber View Post
Hi guys,

When I sent my Navworx 600-B back for a factory upgrade 2 years ago, they sent me a 200-12 box in return. The old box had a 9 pin serial port that I could connect to use the console configuration program. The new -12 box does not have this port. How does one connect to the box to update the software?

Thanks

Jim Faber
The new units, which haven't shipped yet, use a direct USB port. You don't need to use an USB to serial converter anymore.
Old 09-01-2017, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romper@q.com View Post

Bob
Bob,
Here's how I connected mine.
Old 09-01-2017, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimfaber View Post
Hi guys,

Thanks

Jim Faber
Jim,
You'll need to remotely mount a DB9 connector and run wires to it from the large Navworx connector. Here's how mine is wired.
Old 09-01-2017, 10:50 AM

Default I receied my AMOC use notification acknowledgement

In my email this morning was the acknowledgement of my notification to the PHL FSDO.

I sent multiple items in with a pdf copy of my signed notification letter...:
The AD in pdf form
The AMOC in pdf form.
A picture of the required placard (installed net to the console db9 cable port).

The text of the letter was in the e-mail and with my redactions is copied below:
__________________________________________________ ______
Manager,
FAA Flight Standards District Office
Philadelphia, PA

Dear Sir or Madam,

The FAA issued an Airworthiness Directive (AD) 2017-11-11, Docket Number FAA-2016-9226 for NavWorx ADS600-B part numbers 200-0012 and 200-0013. The AD requires removal, disabling, or coupling the device to an approved external GPS source namely the NexNav Mini GPS receiver, P/N 21000. A copy of the AD is attached for your review.

I have recently had a Global Alternate Method of Compliance (AMOC) proposal approved by the Fort Worth ACO Branch, Compliance & Airworthiness Division, Aircraft Certification Service; signed by Jim Grigg. A copy of this AMOC is attached for your review.

I would like to use this AMOC on my Experimental - Amateur Built (E-AB) RV6A Serial number (inserted serial number here) that I built. The aircraft is registered as an (enter aircraft type) (insert N-number) and is based in (city State) (insert Airport identifier).

One of the conditions of the AMOC listed above requires that the ADS600B be placarded to show the prohibition of utilization of the internal GPS source and approving the use of a (insert approved position source in use - should be one of the types listed in the specific AMOC you are using) as an external position source. I have taken a photograph of that placard installed in my aircraft and attached it for your review.

Another of the conditions of the AMOC listed above was to notify the local FSDO. This letter is intended to serve as that notice.

Respectfully submitted,

First name Last name
N-number (serial number) owner/builder
__________________________________________________ ______

Hope this helps! As a reminder this was for the PHL FSDO - your FSDO may vary.
Old 09-02-2017, 08:33 AM

Just the info I needed.
Thanks John!
Old 09-11-2017, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAJohnson View Post
John - Have you gotten your WiFi Adapter to broadcast FIS-B and TIS-B?

I am using WingXPro and for some reason it doesn't seem to be communicating correctly. I appear to be getting some weather data but no traffic...can't really make sense of the "Connectivity" screen in WingXPro.

WIFI adapter connected to DISPLAY 1 TX
MX-20 connected to RX422 TX/RX and works fine with weather and traffic

Thx for posting your wiring diagram..I should have thought about wiring the Display1 thru a DPDT switch like you did. That way I could select my EFIS as a display output as well!

Regards,
Brian

Last edited by txshan130 : 09-11-2017 at 12:09 PM.