VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 09-11-2017, 03:49 PM

Default RV-4 for sale

I have an early RV-4 serial no. 107. I did not build but have done a lot of work on this aircraft including replacing 90% of the original commercial wiring with aviation grade wiring, extended gear legs, new engine mount and paint . I am asking $30,000 as this is an old aircraft by RV standards and on a scale of 1-10 I would give it a 6. That is why I am selling at a low price. The aircraft did have a prop strike (soft in dirt with wooden propeller) I have put about 400 hours in the engine since then. That said, I have not flown this aircraft in two years. It received a conditional inspection two years ago and the RV-4 has not flown since. The aircraft is basic VFR night and day. O320-E2D with logs for the last 1000 plus hours. Original engine logs were not availble when I purchased the aircraft 15 years ago. This is a good time building aircraft not a hanger queen. With a little work it could be really nice. Steam guages but pretty new two channel Garmin Radio. It has a catto two blade propeller, rebuild canopy and rudder. Strobes. Will most likely need a battery. The aircraft is light grey with red accents.
For pics contact me at welchst@yahoo.com .
The aircraft is hangered in Carson City, NV at CXP.