VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 09-05-2017, 09:29 AM

Default SV 15.2 from Vans

Vans has put the last Dynon firmware update available for download from their site.

As advised by Vans when I bought my SLSA I always wait to download a firmware update until Vans has had a chance to vet it for potential RV-12 issues.
However, previously and with this latest 15.2 update, there aren't any settings files which I needed to update so it begs the question ....do I really need to wait for Vans to review the firmware update for a few months before downloading from them? Or, can I download from Dynon when it comes out and then review the Vans settings files a few months later after Vans has reviewed the firmware update?
Old 09-05-2017, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
Vans has put the last Dynon firmware update available for download from their site.

As advised by Vans when I bought my SLSA I always wait to download a firmware update until Vans has had a chance to vet it for potential RV-12 issues.
However, previously and with this latest 15.2 update, there aren't any settings files which I needed to update so it begs the question ....do I really need to wait for Vans to review the firmware update for a few months before downloading from them? Or, can I download from Dynon when it comes out and then review the Vans settings files a few months later after Vans has reviewed the firmware update?
Not sure, doesn't the Dynon-download overwrite unique AP settings? Maybe Vans does too?
Old 09-05-2017, 11:48 AM

As was mentioned above, I believe the Vans update will overwrite the autopilot settings. I downloaded the update to a USB stick and then deleted the 2 autopilot files. Will this work ?. I have not yet uploaded them into the Skyview.
Also, Vans update does not have the latest terrain/obstacle update, so I got that from the Dynon website. Anyone else do the same ?

the bitterness of poor quality
lingers long after the cheap
price is forgotten.