VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 08-20-2017, 01:47 PM

Default Spartanburg

Three of us flew to Spartanburg Downtown [KSPA] for lunch today. After filling up with cheap gas, we took one of the two courtesy vans to Jason's Deli. There are many, many restaurants within a mile or two of the airport.

Next time we hope JasonM will bring his new RV-10!
Old 08-20-2017, 04:13 PM

I just happened upon this thread and thoroughly enjoyed it as I'm from the KAVL area (grew up in Mills River and Etowah) and learned to fly at Hendersonville airport (0A7). Do you know if that Stearman was from Hendersonville? It looks like one that was hangered there when I was growing up learning to fly. I still get back that way every so often to visit my parents and would love to pay you guys some gas money to go for a ride some time. I'm starting a RV-10 build next month once my shop is finished so it'd be awesome to see/ride with some fellow RVators!

Zach
Old 08-20-2017, 07:04 PM

If your thinking of the Stearman that was the anchor for the WNCAM, no t is not there, owners sold it but there still is a 450 Stearman based there and the museum is still growing.
Old 08-20-2017, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acropilot View Post
If your thinking of the Stearman that was the anchor for the WNCAM, no t is not there, owners sold it but there still is a 450 Stearman based there and the museum is still growing.
There were two that I recall. A red one and one that was blue/yellow like the one pictured a few pages back.

I remember the red one flying more. It was memorable due to seeing it come in over the trees/road in a slip to help slow down/descend. And the sound of those radials is a whole different experience as they taxi by!
Old 08-20-2017, 07:12 PM

Next time in this area look me up would be happy to put you in my RV-4. Most people around 0a7and AVL know where to find me.
Old 08-20-2017, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acropilot View Post
Next time in this area look me up would be happy to put you in my RV-4. Most people around 0a7and AVL know where to find me.
That would be fantastic. I'm a FedEx guy so I jumpseat into GSP every so often to see my folks and the family and I are actually talking about heading that way next month (the wife and kiddos want to pick apples). I'll definitely look you and anyone else willing to fly with me/talk RV related topics to up.

Zach