- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2017, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

Default 52F CONSTRUCTION AERIAL UPDATE

For 52F users and those of us who just like to watch others work, here’s a few aerial views of de-construction day 4 at 52F (Northwest Regional Airport, Roanoke, TX). The runway already looks smoother than the rock pile we’ve been calling a runway these past years. For those not in the know, 52F was originally built some 40+ years ago and the runway has never been resurfaced in all that time. With luck and no significant rain, we should have a new runway in about 60 days give or take.

Thanks to my lovely wife – Chatchada – for the photos.

Heavy destruction equipment made short work of the old, worn runway surface.

Looks like the new runway may be a bit wider than the old one -- that would be nice.

Maybe after the runway is done I’ll finally rebuild my wheelpants that have taken a beating on the old runway. No point in doing before.

Of course, there’s the mandatory and much anticipated post-photo debrief and brunch at the Beacon Café (T67 Hicks).

I really shouldn't eat all that, but I did.

Thankfully aviation is filled with good folks like my friend at TKI (McKinney National) who offered me a refuge for my RV while construction is underway.

When it's all done, I hope we get a lot of visitors at 52F like we used to.

Chris
Lycoming O-360-A1A, Hartzell CS
52F (Northwest Regional, TX)