What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GTN 625 issue

Timberwolf

Well Known Member
Just unboxed the GTN 625 and got the harness built tonight. Powered it up on the bench to find that when I turned the screw to draw the unit into the tray. It just kept turning without tightening. I pulled it out to see what was up and saw the end of the screw was missing the circlip. Frustrating for such an expensive unit. I hate to have to send it back in, but no real choice on this one.

open

I don't know about yours, but my 650 fits so tightly in the tray, I ended up removing one of the parts (don't remember which one) for this mechanism. It hasn't budged. I can just pull it out with some effort and just push it back in. Just my experience and choice FWIW...

Mark not a bad idea but my tray isn?t so snug. I?m working through the issue with aircraft spruce. It?s going back to spruce to be evaluated and fixed if they are able, if not it will have to go back to garmin. I suspect with the holidays it will be a while before I have my box back.

Back