What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-7 Subpanel gotcha

Rainmaker

Just a watch out for builders down the line...

If like me you have all the forward fuselage structure pulled out as you're making the fuel vent lines be aware of the clearance needed for the lower flange of F-768B where it meets the F-902 bulkhead.

It's not something mentioned in the plans, though I was always wondering why the 45* angle in the vent was there:rolleyes:

Anyway, I emailed Van's asking if I could take a little material off the flange to allow clearance. Their recommend was this is structural so remaking the vent line is the preferred course.:cool:

It's been a while since making these lines. Get to freshin' up my tube bending skillz!

A

I re-bent the vent lines on mine too! I think I used the same ones and just "recountoured" them a little, as the shape is not important; just getting sufficient clearance is.

Your going to have to man-handle those vent lines out of the way when you rivet on the top skin. I wouldn't worry about being too precise with the bends on these small tubes.

Back