What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mounting the front landing gear

E. D. Eliot

Well Known Member
We are about to mount the front landing gear to the firewall. I admit that I haven't done a thorough search on my question. The finish kit is several months old. My kit is 6 plus years old so I expect that that is the cause of my problem.

My landing gear assembly has two more holes in it than the firewall. I want to use the two 'extra' holes to more securely bolt my front landing gear assembly to the firewall.

Someone please direct me to the instructions as to how to do this correctly. I am sure that putting two bolts thru the firewall and adding washers and bolts to the back of the firewall isn't the appropriate answer. Thanks.

Reply from van's/

Talked to Gus at Van's - he was really busy due to the fact that a lost of Van's staff was at S&F. He said that he had never had this issue brought up to him and to please forward a picture to him. I suggested that he check stock at Van's and see if the current finish kits included the front weldment like mine.

So I forwarded a picture a few days ago - I'll let you all know what the answer from Gus is when/if I get an answer.

Back