What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stainless steel pop rivets?

ppilotmike

Well Known Member
Can anyone point me to where I can buy some stainless steel pop rivets, for non-structural use on my firewall. I see that Vans sells some steel cherrymax rivets, but they seem to have regular steel shanks, not SS. I'd like them to have 1/8" diam shanks, approximately 4-5 16ths long. They could be either rounded top or flush (don't care which), but they MUST close up too (i.e. no hole where the shank was). Any sources for this?

Fastenal

I looked and they have closed end but only up to .25 grip length with SS/SS closed and SS/SS greater grip with open ends.

Good Luck

Thanks guys.

I also found a place called rivetsonline.com that seems to carry some. I called Vans and they definitely don't have them, sbut suggested the closed end steel shank ones..

The Murphy guys typically use a company called Hanson Rivets. They carry everything. Sometimes there is a minimum order. They carry closed end Avex Rivets, which Murphy uses on fuel tanks, but I've never seen a stainless steel closed end.
Best,
Jerry Folkerts

Back