VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 04-02-2015, 03:20 PM

Default We jumped on board too

Well, it looks like Todd and Myra and I are all in the same boat. We fell in love with the 14 at SnF when it was introduced and were just waiting for a completed plane to come up for sale. That hasn't happened yet, as we all know, so we too bought a partially built kit (#64) to finish out for our 4th RV to own. We found a kit that had the wings, empennage and tailcone already constructed and decided we wanted to go ahead and finish her out to our specs. We will purchase the fuselage kit at SnF this year. We figure that all of the rest of the components should be ready to build within a year or so. In the meantime, we will continue to fly N100NT until we are ready to bring the new baby home. We are going to be assisted in the construction by Nathan and Chris of Two Bums Aviation in Sebastion, FL. They have helped put together over 20 RV's and are going to be invaluable to us. Anyone interested in a really well made RV6A, get in touch with me in about a year.LOL Check out the plane in Van's 2011 calendar. We are the December playmate.
Old 04-02-2015, 03:45 PM

Default Congratulations

Welcome back and congratulations. Love your job. Must be fun.
Sorry, just noticed the typo.
wirejock at yahoo dot com
Donated 12/01/2017. Plus a little extra.
RV-7A #73391, N511RV reserved (1,800+ hours)
HS SB, empennage, tanks, wings, fuse, working finishing kit
Disclaimer
I cannot be, nor will I be, held responsible if you try to do the same things I do and it does not work and/or causes you loss, injury, or even death in the process.

Last edited by wirejock : 04-04-2015 at 02:39 PM. Reason: edit
Old 04-02-2015, 07:05 PM

Very cool! Good to know the few kits that aren't being actively built are being bought by those of us chomping at the bit. This year at sun n fun will be my first time paying a lot of attention to Vans. I'm looking forward to it. Good luck with your build, we will have to keep each other going.
Old 04-04-2015, 02:24 PM

I'm going to take a guess and say you bought the empanage and wings from Tony in Sebastian. I looked at them in December but couldn't get pull the trigger at the time. It was a wonderful visit and we had the opportunity to visit with Nathan from Two Bums. He was a great help in understanding the build and what they had already done on the kit. The quality of the build was pretty incredible and we will be taking a class or two from him prior to starting our empanage kit for our 14. Good Luck
Old 05-21-2015, 06:08 PM

Thanks for the well wishes K. We have ordered the fuselage and finishing kits and will be probably going to order the engine and prop after Oshkosh. I think it will go pretty quick. Hoping to get her up in the air within a year.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:35 AM

Default RV14 lookaround

I have to go to Port St Lucie in the morning and would like to stop and see your 14 on the way home to Orlando. Time unknown. How hard to find on the field at Sebastian are y'all?

We met at Sun n Fun and talked for a while when you were clambering in and out of 216VA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodmanrog View Post
Thanks for the well wishes K. We have ordered the fuselage and finishing kits and will be probably going to order the engine and prop after Oshkosh. I think it will go pretty quick. Hoping to get her up in the air within a year.
Tail kit structurally complete
Ailerons Flaps and Fuel Tanks in progress
N87TY on hold
EAA 724 and 74 Member
Paid Jul 15 -Jun 16
Old 05-22-2015, 04:57 PM

Terrel,
Go to the northwest corner of the airport to the two bums hangar and talk to Nathan or Chris. They have the completed kits in the hangar and are just waiting for the next phases. Their hangar is west of the jump school.