What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Engine Mount

olyolson

Well Known Member
Friend
My RV-4 was built in 1989 with a new IO-360 & Hartzell C/S prop. The time has come and while they are both being overhauled I thought this would be a good chance to send the conical engine mount in for a check and new powdercoat. Nothing apparently wrong but want to get it checked for corrosion, cracks etc just in case.

Any recommendations for companies that provide this service in the general Midwest area (live in St. Louis)?

Thanks,
Oly

Oly,
There's a man that does powder coating at reasonable cost up in Troy, MO. I can provide you his contact information offline.
Best,
Jerry Folkerts

I have heard that it's pretty cheap to have the engine converted to dynafocal mount during overhaul. You would have to get new motor mount though.

Engine mount powder oat color

I talked to a local guy that can do the work (thanks Jerry) but the gray powdercoat color he uses is ANSI 61 (whatever that means) which may or may not match Lycoming gray. Any ideas how to get the right one to match the engine?

Back