VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 08-20-2015, 07:10 PM

Default Rudder extentions RV-6A

We currently have two planes a Cessna 182 and a RV 6A. My wife, who is also a pilot has finally decided that she would like to start flying the RV. We had to put on extensions to the rudder pedals for her and it looks like that will be the case with the RV. She cant quite reach them. We have moved the seat up and have put in pads. We cant adjust that way any more without significantly restricting the controls. Any suggestions?
Old 08-20-2015, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdedmunds View Post
We currently have two planes a Cessna 182 and a RV 6A. My wife, who is also a pilot has finally decided that she would like to start flying the RV. We had to put on extensions to the rudder pedals for her and it looks like that will be the case with the RV. She cant quite reach them. We have moved the seat up and have put in pads. We cant adjust that way any more without significantly restricting the controls. Any suggestions?
http://www.jdair.com/categories/Rudd...al-Extensions/

If she can _almost_ reach the pedals, those may work nicely. They are a beautifully machined work of art. A little pricey... a friend zip-tied pipe insulation to his... seems to work maybe almost as well.

I can reach the pedals fine, too well actually. The geometry is hard on the ankles. The extensions prevent accidental braking.

If she needs more than the inch or so that these solutions provide... I'm sure someone will be along shortly with a suggestion. Platform shoes??

-jon

Last edited by mosquito : 08-20-2015 at 08:19 PM.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:09 PM

i use these jdair extensions. very good quality, easy to install and use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosquito View Post
http://www.jdair.com/categories/Rudd...al-Extensions/

If she can _almost_ reach the pedals, those may work nicely. There are a beautifully machined work of art. A little pricey... a friend zip-tied pipe insulation to his... seems to work maybe almost as well.

I can reach the pedals fine, too well actually. The geometry is hard on the ankles. The extensions prevent accidental braking.

If she needs more than the inch or so that these solutions provide... I'm sure someone will be along shortly with a suggestion. Platform shoes??

-jon