What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pay LESS for insurance??? Whatttttt???? Thanks EAA Falcon Insurance!

Jetj01

Well Known Member
An AMAZING, never seen before thing happened to me today!!!! I just got my renewal bill from Falcon Insurance for full coverage insurance on my RV-4 and IT DECREASED $215 from last year!!! I've had it insured since first flight 2009 and don't know why it decreased this year but :))) Nope, not dreaming so looks like I got a little extra gas money back in the piggy bank!

Yayyyyyyy!

Yup - almost everyone seems to be reporting lower insurance rates this year....my recent renewal on the RV-8 saw a drop similar to yours.

Mine went down little ovwer $300 this year. When I inquire about it, they said, it is to off-set the increase tax bill you are going to get :(

Although the above statement about taxes is not ture but I have a feeling that it will become the truth when I get the next tax bill.

Yes the Gas - ouch!

I refuel at Abilene Friday before hopping over to Dyess AFB for the race on Saturday. $6.39 per gallon and $206.40 total. It almost makes insurance seem cheap but of course it doesn't get you anywhere. Thankfully with the winds on Saturday I flew the race and returned home in Fayetteville, Arkansas without stopping thanks to the 200kt ground speed.

I use Falcon Insurance in Scottsdale, Arizona and they have been very good with me as well. Whenever I need certificates of insurance or DoD forms Rob Glover and the folks there have taken care of it right away with no hassle and no charge. Of course I tell them that is what I will need from time to time when I submit my renewal information so they are not blind sided.

Bob Axsom

Last edited:
There continues to be a lot of competition in the aviation insurance market. Too many underwriters fighting over too few airplanes means prices must go down to keep market share.

Some technical advances are helping also. We can now quote virtually all small GA airplanes electronically in real time.

It all adds up.

Tj

Back