What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Insurance for an RV-8

What I found...

I can share with you what I found? I am looking at near $2,000 or maybe less for $75,000. I have 1,500hrs with 30hrs tailwheel time. I promised to get 5hrs transition time and they said maybe less than 2,000 and wait until less than 30 days to be sure....Also, Phase-1 will be 10-15% higher than next year's renewal. 100hrs in make/model will drop you again.. Tailwheel time means yes or no insurance ( I understand that)....SO, you need to be prepared to pony up the first year either way...Good luck. The agent also said the underwriters are calling all the shots. (I called AOPA & EAA)

Good luck!
Mike

Do all brokers have access to nationair? Are they better than the rates listed by fastback8?

I have mine thru Chartis, $80k for about $2100, 500TT, 350TW.

I've owned 5 RV's and I think it really pays to shop around. I would also echo the sentiments about make/model time, etc. The best broker I've used is Skysmith Insurance Agency - 800-743-1439.

RV 8A

And I am insured through chartis, $1800 for 65K. Recently called AVEMCO to get a quote, same everything for $3400. I laughed.

Randy

Do all brokers have access to nationair? Are they better than the rates listed by fastback8?

I have mine thru Chartis, $80k for about $2100, 500TT, 350TW.

Nationair IS a broker. They can't do anything for you that your current brkoer isn't already doing - unless he's an idiot or lazy. And if you suspect that, you should fire him anyway.

Last edited:
Jenny Estes at NATIONAIR. I have $90,000 for about $1350. I have private pilot w/instrument-1250 hrs-275 in my RV. They are the best buy I could find.

Peter K
9A-275 hrs

I suggest you call...........

Barbara Doss or Jeff Rhodes at CS&A. They have been very helpful to me. I was a student pilot in an experimental (RV6). Everyone else just couldn't get it done, they went the extra mile in helping me. This year's renewal after I got my license was very reasonalble.

Jeff is an RV guy, so he & Barbara know much more then your run of the mill broker. Give them a call at 770-794-7500. You won't be sorry, they have access to just about all markets.

Chartis just made some changes to their experimental program including RvXx series.

Now waive all deducts.
Fly-Off period is not treated differently on deductible or liability limit.

Pretty good changes.

TJ

Back