What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Insurance coverage

Bavafa

Well Known Member
A friend of mine had a nose gear collapsed (not a RV) on the ground and caused a prop strike but his insurance did not cover any of the damage since it determined NOT an accident but a mechanical/component failure. This prompted me to look at my coverage and exclusion and a call to my agent got me the typical answer that "I can not discuss hypothetical situation and only an adjuster will be able to determine after a claim has been filed"

So, just wondering based on those who have experience dealing with insurance companies, what is typically covered and what is not? If I have a forced landing due to engine out, is any thing covered? Would all be covered but the failed component? For instance lack of gas in my tank :)

Thanks in advance

Wow, I have used Falcon in the past, thankfully I did not have to file any claims. Doubt I will be using them again though!

Falcon is the Broker, not the Underwriter.

Something seems wrong in this case since the Mechanical Failure was the little part that broke and indeed that part should not be covered.
However all of the subsequent damage should be covered.

There are some insurance Underwriters that I don't use.
I only write insurance for my customers with companies I have 1000% faith in.
Otherwise it ain't worth the commission when the claim goes sideways.

Possibly a miscommunication or some other unknown factor is involved.
I will talk about hypothetical claims all day long. Thats how we all learn. When I don't know I simply call an Underwriter and Adjuster for an opinion. Its our Job!

Tj

Back