What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Allie gives the thumbs up.

dhall_polo

Well Known Member
Today I celebrated the end of phase 1 by leaving the penalty box for the first time - with my youngest daughter - flying to a fly-in. These are all things I could only read about before today. No sooner had we lifted off than she was exclaiming how much fun this was, and minutes later she's asking for some loops and rolls. I think I might be off to a good start on the "programming". [evil laugh] I also was reminded of the important VFR 1-2-3 rule. 1 kid and 2 hours of singing is to be followed by 3 aspirin. Hey, it was a blast.

At the end of the flight, my rv grin was for the fact that one of the reasons I built this thing was now a memory instead of a dream. Cool.

Here's Allie at the beginning of the project (18 months old) and again today (now 5 yrs old).
web.jpg

web.jpg

Super Dad

Awesome, Don! Love the "then & now" photos of your daughter, too! I have a 5 year old son and 3 year old daughter, and I'm dreaming of adventures with them such as you had today with your little girl.

Great inspiration!! And congrats on finishing Phase I!

-- Chris

Great pictures!

My Grandson wasn't born when we started the -6. He was 2 when we first flew it. He's graduating high school this month.
"Time does fly when you're having FUN."

That is great!

My son is now 6 months old and won't remember his first ride. :(

I wonder if he will grow up thinking everyone has an airplane. My dream now is for him to ask me to build him one!

Bill, I did!

My grandfather flew since the 40s and I was born into it. We used to go to Charlie Brown Airport on Saturday morning and go to the Atlanta Airport after church on Sunday and watch the planes land. I have a distinct, actually vivid memory of the first time I saw Stone Mountain from the air in my grandfather's Cessna, it was my 5th birthday.

I hope Allie has as much fun with her dad as I did at her age with my grand father.

Good luck and thanks for the great RV story!

Quality time is what it is, folks..........

.......and you can't buy that at any price.

Time spent with both my sons loading my Airtractors with chemicals while sweating big drops in the Georgia sun, can't be replaced. They still talk about "those days".

Memories, they are...

Regards,

Cute!

Thanks for sharing Don, your daughter is a cutie-patootie and she just looks smart; you can see it in her eyes.

I am about 15 flight hours behind you, and look forward to taking my son to a fly-in soon as well.

Hans

Back