What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Landol Landoll Inertia ring drawing/sketch / dimensions/ or just sell me one? :-)

punkin

Well Known Member
Anyone ever sketched up a flywheel inertia ring for an O-320 ? Anything from rough dimensions to full on CAD drawing would be awesome.

There were even some photos posted a few years ago in a thread, if someone who is in possession of such a piece of metal would be willing to MSpaint it up with some rough dimensions, it would be awesome.

No matter what I do with a prop, I think I will have someone make me one--then I can get rid of the ballast weights I have on my motor mount!

Thanks!

Weight Ring

I have one I can't use. Bought both harmonic balancer and weight ring.
Both won't fit on the flywheel, so I just used the balancer.

It weight is about 12 pounds.

Carr

You can also use a heavy crush plate. Sam at Sabre will make one up at whatever weight you want. I have a 19# crush plate on my 6A. It also has the advantage of having a few more inches of Arm than a flywheel weight.

Larry

But not with a GA prop...

I had talked to Sam about upgrading me to 7/16 bolts and a heavier crush plate, but if I go GA, it puts me back to having weight issues...

I have one I can't use. Bought both harmonic balancer and weight ring.
Both won't fit on the flywheel, so I just used the balancer.

It weight is about 12 pounds.

Carr

Hi there, so you still have the ring available?
If so, please PM me.
Thanks
Wayne Blackler

I can get you a picture & dimensions this weekend, as I have my prop & starter ring gear off to install a new crank nose seal.

Do you still need it?
BTW, mine is the landoll weight ring & not the inertia ring. Weight is 11.6 lbs.

Back